Thursday, September 18, 2014

Unlit Star Review

Synopsis: 

We are not guaranteed anything, not even this life.

Rivers Young is the popular guy untouchable by reality. He is like a star—bright, consuming, otherworldly. The thing about stars, though, is that they eventually fall, and he is no different.

He falls far and he falls hard.

Delilah Bana is the outcast enshrouded in all of life's ironies. Alone, in the dark, like dusk as it falls on the world. When Rivers hits the ground, she is the night that catches him. In the darkness, they meld into something beautiful that shines like the sun.

Only, the greater the star is, the shorter its lifespan.


Review

I absolutely loved this book.  My emotions were all over the place while I was reading and I ugly cried like crazy.  It is not very often that I ugly cry with books.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Rivers and Delilah.  The fact that they were complete opposites who came together to help heal each other had me turning the pages to find out more.  And even more than that....their relationship was BELIEVABLE.

Do yourself a favor and go get this book!  It is beautifully written and will leave you with a major book hangover.

Rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Ugly cried huh? Well we know how much I love books that can make me cry. I'm weird like that. Lol. I may have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete