Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The TBR Tag

So Rebecca over @ The Library Canary nominated me for this the other day. This tag was created by  Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books and Dana from Dana Square. I'm sure this is going to be super embarrassing and shameful, but I'm doing it. Let's talk about how out of control my TBR is.

How Do I Manage My TBR?

I don't.  Not in the traditional sense.  I do use Goodreads for books that I want to read but not very often.  I also keep up with my TBR on Amazon.....it's the books I want to buy.

167

This is the number of books I have on Goodreads.  The number on my TBR is a great deal higher than this.

Is My TBR Mostly print or ebooks?

EBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't stop one-clicking those $0.99 specials.  
403
You see that number.....I am ashamed by that number.  But not ashamed enough to stop one-clicking books!

How do I determine which book from my tbr to read next?
I am a mood reader so it really just depends on what I want to read.  Sometimes I try to plan books out, but I inevitably end up veering off my list.

A book that’s been on my tbr the longest

The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking.  I got this when I bought my FIRST Nook.  I am now on Nook number 3.  

A book I recently added to my tbr

Rowdy by Jay Crownover because I love my Marked Men!


A book on my tbr strictly because of its beautiful cover
Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff

A book on my tbr that I never plan on actually reading

Payback Time by Carl Deuker



I put this book on my tbr so that I could keep up with what the boys are reading.  (I'm a teacher/now librarian)  It was suggested at a conference I went to years ago for my library certification.

An unpublished book on my tbr that I’m excited for
MORTAL HEART BY ROBIN LAFEVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Yes, I still kind of hate you Rebecca for getting an ARC of this book.
A book on my tbr that basically everyone has read except me

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare 


I know, I know, I know.....I just can't bring myself to read it.  If I read it that means the series is over.
A book on my tbr that everyone recommends to me

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

10194157

I am a huge fantasy lover and I own this entire series, but for some reason, I keep putting it off. And people keep yelling at me about it. Lol. Soon. Hopefully…

A book on my tbr that I’m dying to read

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas



I just got my copy in from bookdepository.com!  I love the UK edition!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope to start this one soon.

The number of books on my tbr shelf

This is the number of all the books that I own that I need to read.
616
Shhhh!!!!!!!!!  Don't tell my husband!  He knows I'm a bibliophile.  I NEED to control that one-click finger of mine.
 
That was fun, if not slightly embarrassing. Thanks for tagging me Rebecca! Now I tag:

Catherine @ A Reader Lives a Thousand Lives
Kristyn @ A Reader Lives a Thousand Lives
But it's not just limited to these two ladies I've tagged! If you want to participate feel free! And send me a link so I can feel better about myself and my out of control TBR. 

2 comments:

  1. I just posted a really long comment and then it didn't go? :(

    Fail. I really don't feel like retyping all that. Basically here's what it said:

    1. Your TBR isn't that bad!
    2. City of Heavenly Fire - also need to read.
    3. Shadow & Bone - we should totally binge read that series together.

    I think that was about it in much longer sentences. Lol

    ReplyDelete