Sunday, May 25, 2014

ABOUT ME

A little bit about me:

I have been married to my husband for almost eight years.  He is the absolute best and I don't know where I would be without him.  He is my rock.  Most people don't believe us when we tell them we met online, but we did.  He "wooed" me on okcupid.com and we have been together ever since.

We have one daughter who is four years old and quite a handful!  She is JUST LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!  Sometimes it is scary because I know what she is going to do before she even does it.  She is very inquisitive, sassy, smart, and goofy!  She is my whole world!

I have been an elementary school teacher for nine years.  I have taught fourth and fifth grade during that time but this year I am going to be teaching first grade!  I needed a change!  I have always pushed reading on my students and tried to get them to love it.  I did this by getting books in my classroom library geared towards their interests.  Each year it changed a bit and I was left with a massive classroom library that my kids liked better than the school library!  LOL!

I was born in California but I have been Southern raised!  I love Louisiana and couldn't imagine living anywhere else.  I'll complain every summer about the heat, but I'd much rather the heat than the bitter cold!

I have always been a reader.  My mom will tell you she could take me anywhere as long as I had a book and I was good. The same is true today.  My book goes everywhere with me even if I know I won't have time to read.  I am not, however, a reader that can make a list of what to read and stick to it.  I am a mood reader.  If I'm not in the mood for that particular book or genre, I won't read it.  I also read everything from children's books to adult books.

Blogging has always intrigued me and I have been wanting to start a blog for a while now.  My friend, Rebecca, keeps harassing me to start one and since I have the summer off, I figured I'd give it a shot.  I don't like really long book reviews so don't expect to see very lengthy ones here!  I do love book hauls and hearing from others about books they love!

Tell me a little bit about yourself in the comments below and what you'd like to see from this blog.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the first one to comment on your blog!! Woohoo! And I'm so happy you decided to start this. You're going to be awesome at it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I hope I do a great job. I am worried about writing reviews.....UGH! Oh, and keeping up with it once I start teaching again. I'll just have to find a balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and you will. You'll find what works best for you and whatever that is will be great!

      Delete